Quambatook Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Quambatook (3540) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Western, Victoria. It is about 254 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Quambatook is in the federal electorate of Mallee.

In the 2011 census the population of Quambatook was 361 and is comprised of approximately 49.9% females and 50.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Quambatook is 46 years of age.

95.6% of people living in the suburb of Quambatook were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% England, 1.4% New Zealand.

97.5% of people living in Quambatook speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Quambatook is 23.0% Catholic, 21.1% No religion, 20.8% Anglican, 16.9% Uniting Church, 6.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Christian, nfd, 2.2% Pentecostal, 0.8% Baptist, 0.8% Other religious affiliation .

55.1% of people are married, 26.1% have never married and 8.4% are divorced and 3.5% are separated. There are 20 widowed people living in Quambatook.

63.9% of the people living in Quambatook over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.6% are working on a part time basis. Quambatook has an unemployment rate of 1.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Quambatook are 50.0% Managers, 10.0% Labourers, 7.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.0% Professionals, 6.0% Sales workers, 5.3% Technicians & trades workers, 4.7% Community & personal service workers, 4.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Quambatook work in are 53.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.9% Retail trade, 6.6% Health care and social assistance, 5.9% Inadequately described/Not stated, 5.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.6% Public administration and safety, 3.9% Manufacturing, 3.9% Construction, 3.3% Education and training.

54.5% of homes are fully owned, and 23.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $389 per week and the median household income is $794 per week.

The median rent in Quambatook is $60 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $570 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Quambatook postcode 3540

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Meredith 3333 -> Melbourne -> Victoria