Murrayville Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Murrayville (3512) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Western, Victoria. It is about 441 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Murrayville is in the federal electorate of Mallee.

In the 2011 census the population of Murrayville was 548 and is comprised of approximately 47.3% females and 52.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Murrayville is 48 years of age.

94.0% of people living in the suburb of Murrayville were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.3% England, 0.9% Netherlands.

96.7% of people living in Murrayville speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Murrayville is 24.5% No religion, 24.5% Uniting Church, 15.7% Anglican, 10.8% Lutheran, 9.7% Catholic, 8.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.4% Brethren, 2.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.1% Christian, nfd, 0.7% Pentecostal.

62.4% of people are married, 22.2% have never married and 5.4% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 34 widowed people living in Murrayville.

63.1% of the people living in Murrayville over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.6% are working on a part time basis. Murrayville has an unemployment rate of 1.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Murrayville are 60.5% Managers, 6.8% Community & personal service workers, 6.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.1% Labourers, 5.8% Professionals, 5.8% Technicians & trades workers, 4.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.3% Sales workers, 2.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Murrayville work in are 60.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.8% Education and training, 6.1% Health care and social assistance, 5.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.9% Accommodation and food services, 3.2% Inadequately described/Not stated, 2.9% Public administration and safety, 2.3% Financial and insurance services, 1.9% Retail trade.

66.8% of homes are fully owned, and 13.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $484 per week and the median household income is $856 per week.

The median rent in Murrayville is $36 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Murrayville postcode 3512

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Yarraville 3013 -> Melbourne -> Victoria