Indigo Valley Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Indigo Valley (3688) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Eastern, Victoria. It is about 241 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Indigo Valley is in the federal electorate of Indi.

In the 2011 census the population of Indigo Valley was 303 and is comprised of approximately 48.8% females and 51.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Indigo Valley is 48 years of age.

92.0% of people living in the suburb of Indigo Valley were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.7% England, 1.7% United States of America, 1.7% Singapore.

98.0% of people living in Indigo Valley speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Indigo Valley is 29.0% Anglican, 21.8% No religion, 14.5% Catholic, 8.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 7.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.3% Uniting Church, 5.9% Christian, nfd, 3.6% Baptist, 1.0% Salvation Army, 1.0% Other religious affiliation .

59.8% of people are married, 25.1% have never married and 7.5% are divorced and 2.5% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Indigo Valley.

61.3% of the people living in Indigo Valley over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.6% are working on a part time basis. Indigo Valley has an unemployment rate of 3.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Indigo Valley are 24.2% Managers, 19.2% Professionals, 13.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.5% Community & personal service workers, 8.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.2% Labourers, 8.2% Technicians & trades workers, 4.9% Sales workers, 1.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Indigo Valley work in are 17.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.4% Health care and social assistance, 11.5% Public administration and safety, 8.2% Manufacturing, 7.1% Education and training, 6.6% Retail trade, 6.6% Construction, 4.9% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.9% Transport, postal and warehousing.

46.7% of homes are fully owned, and 35.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 11.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $636 per week and the median household income is $1136 per week.

The median rent in Indigo Valley is $80 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Indigo Valley postcode 3688

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Glen Iris 3146 -> Melbourne -> Victoria