Boorhaman Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Boorhaman (3678) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Eastern, Victoria. It is about 212 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Boorhaman is in the federal electorate of Indi.

In the 2011 census the population of Boorhaman was 208 and is comprised of approximately 48.6% females and 51.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Boorhaman is 50 years of age.

91.3% of people living in the suburb of Boorhaman were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.9% England.

94.2% of people living in Boorhaman speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Boorhaman is 31.1% Catholic, 19.6% Anglican, 19.1% No religion, 7.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.8% Uniting Church, 2.9% Other religious affiliation , 2.9% Other Protestant, 2.9% Lutheran, 1.9% Baptist.

58.7% of people are married, 25.6% have never married and 5.2% are divorced and 3.5% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Boorhaman.

67.0% of the people living in Boorhaman over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 14.8% are working on a part time basis. Boorhaman has an unemployment rate of 7.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Boorhaman are 34.5% Managers, 15.5% Technicians & trades workers, 13.6% Professionals, 10.9% Community & personal service workers, 9.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.3% Labourers, 6.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.7% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Boorhaman work in are 27.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 21.4% Manufacturing, 10.7% Construction, 8.0% Education and training, 8.0% Health care and social assistance, 5.4% Retail trade, 5.4% Other services, 2.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.7% Accommodation and food services.

42.7% of homes are fully owned, and 39.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $523 per week and the median household income is $1149 per week.

The median rent in Boorhaman is $115 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1083 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Boorhaman postcode 3678

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Invergordon 3636 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria