Dewhurst Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Dewhurst (3808) is a suburb of Melbourne, South East, Victoria. It is about 47 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Dewhurst is in the federal electorate of La Trobe.

In the 2011 census the population of Dewhurst was 134 and is comprised of approximately 44.8% females and 55.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Dewhurst is 52 years of age.

81.6% of people living in the suburb of Dewhurst were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.6% England, 2.9% Italy, 2.2% New Zealand, 2.2% Germany.

97.7% of people living in Dewhurst speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.3% German.

The religious makeup of Dewhurst is 30.3% No religion, 29.5% Anglican, 15.2% Catholic, 8.3% Uniting Church, 8.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.8% Lutheran, 2.3% Other religious affiliation , 2.3% Christian, nfd.

55.8% of people are married, 26.7% have never married and 10.0% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Dewhurst.

58.2% of the people living in Dewhurst over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 41.8% are working on a part time basis. Dewhurst has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Dewhurst are 25.0% Professionals, 17.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 16.2% Managers, 15.0% Labourers, 7.5% Sales workers, 7.5% Community & personal service workers, 7.5% Technicians & trades workers, 3.8% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Dewhurst work in are 11.7% Construction, 11.7% Health care and social assistance, 11.7% Wholesale trade, 10.4% Administrative and support services, 10.4% Education and training, 9.1% Manufacturing, 7.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 7.8% Arts and recreation services, 7.8% Retail trade.

51.1% of homes are fully owned, and 33.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 6.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $676 per week and the median household income is $1292 per week.

The median rent in Dewhurst is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1600 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Dewhurst postcode 3808

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Oak Park 3046 -> Melbourne -> Victoria