Russells Bridge Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Russells Bridge (3331) is a suburb of Melbourne, Geelong, Victoria. It is about 73 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Russells Bridge is in the federal electorate of Corangamite.

In the 2011 census the population of Russells Bridge was 143 and is comprised of approximately 53.8% females and 46.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Russells Bridge is 45 years of age.

91.6% of people living in the suburb of Russells Bridge were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.3% England, 2.1% Argentina.

97.9% of people living in Russells Bridge speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.1% German.

The religious makeup of Russells Bridge is 29.4% Catholic, 25.9% No religion, 19.6% Anglican, 7.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.3% Christian, nfd, 4.9% Uniting Church.

63.1% of people are married, 23.8% have never married and 7.4% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Russells Bridge.

64.7% of the people living in Russells Bridge over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.3% are working on a part time basis. Russells Bridge has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Russells Bridge are 24.1% Professionals, 17.2% Managers, 17.2% Technicians & trades workers, 13.8% Labourers, 10.3% Sales workers, 6.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.9% Community & personal service workers, 3.4% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Russells Bridge work in are 17.9% Manufacturing, 14.3% Health care and social assistance, 11.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.9% Retail trade, 10.7% Construction, 7.1% Education and training, 4.8% Other services, 3.6% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.6% Accommodation and food services.

52.8% of homes are fully owned, and 41.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 5.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $790 per week and the median household income is $1481 per week.

The median rent in Russells Bridge is $175 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1980 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Russells Bridge postcode 3331

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Windermere 3352 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria