Fyansford Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Fyansford (3218) is a suburb of Melbourne, Geelong, Victoria. It is about 69 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Fyansford is in the federal electorates of Corangamite, Corio.

In the 2011 census the population of Fyansford was 189 and is comprised of approximately 47.6% females and 52.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Fyansford is 41 years of age.

92.0% of people living in the suburb of Fyansford were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.1% New Zealand.

93.6% of people living in Fyansford speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Fyansford is 24.3% No religion, 22.8% Catholic, 20.1% Anglican, 12.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 11.1% Uniting Church, 4.8% Lutheran, 4.2% Presbyterian and Reformed.

47.7% of people are married, 33.8% have never married and 9.9% are divorced and 4.0% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Fyansford.

47.2% of the people living in Fyansford over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 39.3% are working on a part time basis. Fyansford has an unemployment rate of 6.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Fyansford are 26.8% Professionals, 18.3% Managers, 12.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.0% Community & personal service workers, 11.0% Labourers, 8.5% Technicians & trades workers, 7.3% Sales workers, 4.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Fyansford work in are 20.7% Health care and social assistance, 14.6% Wholesale trade, 11.0% Retail trade, 11.0% Manufacturing, 8.5% Construction, 7.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 7.3% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.1% Administrative and support services, 6.1% Education and training.

57.8% of homes are fully owned, and 20.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $433 per week and the median household income is $1204 per week.

The median rent in Fyansford is $250 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2790 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Fyansford postcode 3218

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Bullarook 3352 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria