Leslie Vale Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Leslie Vale (7054) is a suburb of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania. It is about 12 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Leslie Vale is in the federal electorates of Denison, Franklin.

In the 2011 census the population of Leslie Vale was 366 and is comprised of approximately 50.5% females and 49.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Leslie Vale is 35 years of age.

88.1% of people living in the suburb of Leslie Vale were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.9% England, 1.9% United States of America, 1.4% New Zealand.

98.4% of people living in Leslie Vale speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Leslie Vale is 35.7% No religion, 25.0% Anglican, 14.3% Catholic, 5.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.4% Jehovah's Witnesses, 3.6% Christian, nfd, 2.2% Buddhism, 2.2% Uniting Church, 1.6% Pentecostal.

58.1% of people are married, 30.6% have never married and 8.1% are divorced and 1.1% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Leslie Vale.

57.4% of the people living in Leslie Vale over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.8% are working on a part time basis. Leslie Vale has an unemployment rate of 1.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Leslie Vale are 26.4% Professionals, 19.2% Technicians & trades workers, 13.0% Managers, 12.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.1% Sales workers, 8.7% Community & personal service workers, 8.7% Labourers, 1.4% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Leslie Vale work in are 14.7% Health care and social assistance, 14.2% Retail trade, 11.8% Education and training, 11.8% Construction, 8.5% Public administration and safety, 8.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 8.1% Manufacturing, 4.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.3% Administrative and support services.

33.0% of homes are fully owned, and 55.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 11.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $647 per week and the median household income is $1789 per week.

The median rent in Leslie Vale is $310 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1625 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Leslie Vale postcode 7054

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Cornwall 7215 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania