Dunalley Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Dunalley (7177) is a suburb of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania. It is about 40 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Dunalley is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Dunalley was 274 and is comprised of approximately 51.5% females and 48.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Dunalley is 49 years of age.

86.7% of people living in the suburb of Dunalley were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.3% England.

93.5% of people living in Dunalley speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Dunalley is 35.8% Anglican, 19.7% No religion, 17.2% Catholic, 12.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.7% Christian, nfd, 4.4% Uniting Church, 2.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.1% Churches of Christ, 1.1% Other religious affiliation , 1.1% Pentecostal.

56.8% of people are married, 24.2% have never married and 7.9% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 19 widowed people living in Dunalley.

50.4% of the people living in Dunalley over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.7% are working on a part time basis. Dunalley has an unemployment rate of 8.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Dunalley are 21.7% Community & personal service workers, 16.5% Managers, 15.7% Labourers, 12.2% Technicians & trades workers, 9.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.8% Sales workers, 5.2% Professionals, 2.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Dunalley work in are 14.4% Manufacturing, 12.6% Accommodation and food services, 10.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.0% Health care and social assistance, 8.1% Retail trade, 7.2% Construction, 6.3% Education and training, 5.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.4% Public administration and safety.

45.8% of homes are fully owned, and 33.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $389 per week and the median household income is $842 per week.

The median rent in Dunalley is $78 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $724 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Dunalley postcode 7177

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Ulverstone 7315 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania