Port Moorowie Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Port Moorowie (5576) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 101 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Port Moorowie is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Port Moorowie was 159 and is comprised of approximately 40.9% females and 59.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Port Moorowie is 52 years of age.

78.9% of people living in the suburb of Port Moorowie were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 9.3% England, 3.1% Czech Republic, 2.5% Germany, 2.5% Canada, 1.9% Netherlands.

97.5% of people living in Port Moorowie speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.5% Italian.

The religious makeup of Port Moorowie is 32.7% No religion, 18.2% Anglican, 15.1% Uniting Church, 9.4% Lutheran, 6.3% Catholic, 5.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.1% Pentecostal, 1.9% Salvation Army, 1.9% Baptist.

54.6% of people are married, 20.6% have never married and 9.9% are divorced and 6.4% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Port Moorowie.

50.0% of the people living in Port Moorowie over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.3% are working on a part time basis. Port Moorowie has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Port Moorowie are 26.3% Professionals, 19.3% Managers, 17.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 17.5% Technicians & trades workers, 14.0% Community & personal service workers, 5.3% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Port Moorowie work in are 32.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 18.2% Public administration and safety, 14.5% Health care and social assistance, 12.7% Education and training, 10.9% Accommodation and food services, 5.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.5% Wholesale trade.

51.3% of homes are fully owned, and 19.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $366 per week and the median household income is $700 per week.

The median rent in Port Moorowie is $95 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1771 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Port Moorowie postcode 5576

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Hawthorndene 5051 -> Adelaide -> South Australia