Smoky Bay Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Smoky Bay (5680) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Eyre Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 516 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Smoky Bay is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Smoky Bay was 195 and is comprised of approximately 50.3% females and 49.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Smoky Bay is 49 years of age.

86.6% of people living in the suburb of Smoky Bay were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.2% New Zealand, 1.5% England, 1.5% Germany.

97.4% of people living in Smoky Bay speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Smoky Bay is 31.0% No religion, 22.8% Anglican, 15.2% Uniting Church, 14.7% Catholic, 5.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.1% Lutheran, 2.5% Christian, nfd, 1.5% Islam, 1.5% Other Religious Groups.

63.0% of people are married, 21.4% have never married and 3.5% are divorced and 6.9% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Smoky Bay.

55.5% of the people living in Smoky Bay over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.9% are working on a part time basis. Smoky Bay has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Smoky Bay are 35.0% Managers, 15.4% Labourers, 12.8% Technicians & trades workers, 9.4% Community & personal service workers, 7.7% Professionals, 6.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.1% Sales workers, 5.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 2.6% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Smoky Bay work in are 36.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.8% Health care and social assistance, 12.5% Retail trade, 10.0% Mining, 5.0% Accommodation and food services, 5.0% Manufacturing, 2.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.5% Construction, 2.5% Administrative and support services.

43.9% of homes are fully owned, and 30.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $552 per week and the median household income is $946 per week.

The median rent in Smoky Bay is $185 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1142 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Smoky Bay postcode 5680

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Hampstead Gardens 5086 -> Adelaide -> South Australia