Moorook South Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Moorook South (5332) is a suburb of Mid North, Riverland, South Australia. It is about 176 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Moorook South is in the federal electorate of Barker.

In the 2011 census the population of Moorook South was 118 and is comprised of approximately 46.6% females and 53.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Moorook South is 47 years of age.

85.7% of people living in the suburb of Moorook South were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.2% Germany, 3.4% England.

97.4% of people living in Moorook South speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Moorook South is 25.0% No religion, 19.2% Anglican, 12.5% Lutheran, 11.7% Catholic, 11.7% Uniting Church, 10.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.0% Seventh-day Adventist, 2.5% Islam, 2.5% Christian, nfd.

57.3% of people are married, 25.2% have never married and 2.9% are divorced and 5.8% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Moorook South.

58.7% of the people living in Moorook South over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.2% are working on a part time basis. Moorook South has an unemployment rate of 19.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Moorook South are 28.8% Managers, 17.3% Sales workers, 17.3% Labourers, 11.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.5% Community & personal service workers, 7.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.8% Professionals.

The main industries people from Moorook South work in are 17.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.7% Retail trade, 13.7% Health care and social assistance, 11.8% Public administration and safety, 11.8% Manufacturing, 5.9% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.9% Inadequately described/Not stated, 5.9% Education and training, 5.9% Wholesale trade.

57.4% of homes are fully owned, and 18.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $447 per week and the median household income is $900 per week.

The median rent in Moorook South is $138 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $899 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Moorook South postcode 5332

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Warradale 5046 -> Adelaide -> South Australia