Ninnes Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Ninnes (5560) is a suburb of Mid North, Mid North, South Australia. It is about 119 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Ninnes is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Ninnes was 204 and is comprised of approximately 45.6% females and 54.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Ninnes is 38 years of age.

90.1% of people living in the suburb of Ninnes were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.4% England.

96.1% of people living in Ninnes speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Ninnes is 39.2% Uniting Church, 23.0% No religion, 11.3% Catholic, 10.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.3% Anglican, 5.9% Lutheran, 2.0% Buddhism.

66.2% of people are married, 21.9% have never married and 9.3% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Ninnes.

67.0% of the people living in Ninnes over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.0% are working on a part time basis. Ninnes has an unemployment rate of 3.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Ninnes are 53.5% Managers, 15.2% Labourers, 9.1% Professionals, 9.1% Technicians & trades workers, 4.0% Community & personal service workers, 3.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Ninnes work in are 57.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.2% Education and training, 9.2% Manufacturing, 6.1% Health care and social assistance, 4.1% Retail trade, 4.1% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 3.1% Construction, 3.1% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.1% Mining.

58.0% of homes are fully owned, and 23.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $613 per week and the median household income is $985 per week.

The median rent in Ninnes is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $565 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Ninnes postcode 5560

  • Bute,
  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Mclaren Vale 5171 -> Adelaide -> South Australia