Yongala Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Yongala (5493) is a suburb of Far North, Far North, South Australia. It is about 211 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Yongala is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Yongala was 243 and is comprised of approximately 48.1% females and 51.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Yongala is 48 years of age.

86.4% of people living in the suburb of Yongala were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.8% England, 2.1% United States of America.

97.5% of people living in Yongala speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Yongala is 26.0% Catholic, 18.2% No religion, 16.9% Uniting Church, 11.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.3% Anglican, 7.9% Christian, nfd, 3.3% Baptist, 1.7% Pentecostal, 1.2% Salvation Army, 1.2% Buddhism.

57.8% of people are married, 18.6% have never married and 9.8% are divorced and 4.4% are separated. There are 19 widowed people living in Yongala.

54.7% of the people living in Yongala over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 42.5% are working on a part time basis. Yongala has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Yongala are 50.0% Managers, 14.2% Labourers, 12.3% Sales workers, 6.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 6.6% Community & personal service workers, 5.7% Professionals, 4.7% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Yongala work in are 51.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.3% Retail trade, 8.5% Health care and social assistance, 6.6% Education and training, 5.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.7% Rental, hiring and real estate services, 3.8% Public administration and safety, 3.8% Manufacturing, 2.8% Wholesale trade.

52.5% of homes are fully owned, and 28.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $392 per week and the median household income is $728 per week.

The median rent in Yongala is $50 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $575 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Yongala postcode 5493

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Ceduna 5690 -> West Coast -> South Australia