Yacka Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Yacka (5470) is a suburb of Far North, Far North, South Australia. It is about 151 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Yacka is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Yacka was 226 and is comprised of approximately 46.5% females and 53.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Yacka is 51 years of age.

85.8% of people living in the suburb of Yacka were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 10.6% England, 1.8% New Zealand.

98.2% of people living in Yacka speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Yacka is 23.3% Uniting Church, 19.4% No religion, 15.4% Catholic, 14.5% Anglican, 12.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.6% Lutheran, 2.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.6% Other Religious Groups, 1.8% Islam, 1.3% Buddhism.

59.5% of people are married, 18.4% have never married and 11.9% are divorced and 3.2% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Yacka.

66.7% of the people living in Yacka over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.8% are working on a part time basis. Yacka has an unemployment rate of 2.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Yacka are 46.5% Managers, 11.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.9% Labourers, 10.9% Technicians & trades workers, 8.9% Professionals, 5.9% Community & personal service workers, 4.0% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Yacka work in are 57.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.2% Health care and social assistance, 10.2% Education and training, 8.2% Manufacturing, 4.1% Retail trade, 3.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.1% Financial and insurance services, 3.1% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

56.4% of homes are fully owned, and 31.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 8.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $472 per week and the median household income is $790 per week.

The median rent in Yacka is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $737 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Yacka postcode 5470

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Ceduna 5690 -> West Coast -> South Australia