Iron Knob Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Iron Knob (5601) is a suburb of Far North, Far North, South Australia. It is about 277 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Iron Knob is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Iron Knob was 166 and is comprised of approximately 48.2% females and 51.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Iron Knob is 58 years of age.

67.7% of people living in the suburb of Iron Knob were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.0% England, 4.2% Germany, 1.8% New Zealand, 1.8% Philippines.

83.1% of people living in Iron Knob speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 16.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Iron Knob is 28.3% No religion, 24.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 13.3% Anglican, 10.8% Catholic, 10.8% Uniting Church, 3.0% Christian, nfd, 2.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.8% Salvation Army, 1.8% Baptist, 1.8% Other Protestant.

47.6% of people are married, 21.0% have never married and 14.7% are divorced and 6.3% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Iron Knob.

23.1% of the people living in Iron Knob over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 38.5% are working on a part time basis. Iron Knob has an unemployment rate of 23.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Iron Knob are 24.1% Labourers, 13.8% Professionals, 10.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.3% Sales workers, 10.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.3% Community & personal service workers, 10.3% Managers, 10.3% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Iron Knob work in are 20.0% Accommodation and food services, 20.0% Education and training, 10.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 10.0% Other services, 10.0% Wholesale trade, 10.0% Retail trade, 10.0% Mining.

54.2% of homes are fully owned, and 15.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $282 per week and the median household income is $487 per week.

The median rent in Iron Knob is $123 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $607 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Iron Knob postcode 5601

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Beachport 5280 -> South -> South Australia