North Talwood Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

North Talwood (4496) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 366 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. North Talwood is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of North Talwood was 360 and is comprised of approximately 46.4% females and 53.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of North Talwood is 37 years of age.

91.1% of people living in the suburb of North Talwood were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.8% New Zealand, 1.1% England.

98.1% of people living in North Talwood speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of North Talwood is 37.5% Catholic, 25.3% Anglican, 11.1% No religion, 11.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.6% Uniting Church, 1.1% Other Christian, 0.8% Other religious affiliation , 0.8% Lutheran, 0.8% Pentecostal.

55.6% of people are married, 25.9% have never married and 5.6% are divorced and 7.0% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in North Talwood.

69.7% of the people living in North Talwood over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 19.7% are working on a part time basis. North Talwood has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in North Talwood are 49.5% Managers, 14.1% Labourers, 9.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.1% Community & personal service workers, 6.1% Technicians & trades workers, 4.0% Professionals, 3.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from North Talwood work in are 74.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.5% Education and training, 4.7% Accommodation and food services, 4.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 2.6% Wholesale trade, 1.6% Construction, 1.6% Health care and social assistance.

42.4% of homes are fully owned, and 12.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 36.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $625 per week and the median household income is $1108 per week.

The median rent in North Talwood is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $900 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for North Talwood postcode 4496

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Lower Beechmont 4211 -> South Eastern -> Queensland