Lonesome Creek Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Lonesome Creek (4719) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 408 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Lonesome Creek is in the federal electorate of Flynn.

In the 2011 census the population of Lonesome Creek was 232 and is comprised of approximately 49.6% females and 50.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Lonesome Creek is 38 years of age.

94.7% of people living in the suburb of Lonesome Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% England.

97.8% of people living in Lonesome Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Lonesome Creek is 37.0% Anglican, 20.0% Catholic, 13.0% No religion, 8.3% Uniting Church, 7.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.5% Lutheran, 3.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.0% Salvation Army, 1.3% Pentecostal.

66.9% of people are married, 23.2% have never married and 3.3% are divorced and 3.3% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Lonesome Creek.

69.5% of the people living in Lonesome Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.5% are working on a part time basis. Lonesome Creek has an unemployment rate of 2.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Lonesome Creek are 34.4% Managers, 13.9% Labourers, 12.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.9% Technicians & trades workers, 9.9% Community & personal service workers, 9.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.0% Professionals, 2.0% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Lonesome Creek work in are 38.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.2% Mining, 6.0% Health care and social assistance, 6.0% Other services, 4.6% Retail trade, 4.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.0% Education and training, 4.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.0% Accommodation and food services.

41.4% of homes are fully owned, and 23.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 25.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $722 per week and the median household income is $1615 per week.

The median rent in Lonesome Creek is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2513 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Lonesome Creek postcode 4719

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Balnagowan 4740 -> Central Coast -> Queensland