Captains Mountain Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Captains Mountain (4357) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 190 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Captains Mountain is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Captains Mountain was 188 and is comprised of approximately 46.8% females and 53.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Captains Mountain is 46 years of age.

94.1% of people living in the suburb of Captains Mountain were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

98.4% of people living in Captains Mountain speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.6% German.

The religious makeup of Captains Mountain is 28.6% Anglican, 26.5% Catholic, 13.2% No religion, 11.1% Uniting Church, 6.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.7% Christian, nfd, 3.2% Lutheran, 3.2% Other Religious Groups, 2.1% Pentecostal, 1.6% Latter-day Saints.

67.6% of people are married, 15.5% have never married and 8.5% are divorced and 2.1% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Captains Mountain.

76.7% of the people living in Captains Mountain over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 20.4% are working on a part time basis. Captains Mountain has an unemployment rate of 2.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Captains Mountain are 58.4% Managers, 9.9% Professionals, 7.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.9% Labourers, 6.9% Technicians & trades workers, 5.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.0% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Captains Mountain work in are 57.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.0% Public administration and safety, 7.0% Education and training, 7.0% Mining, 6.0% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.0% Health care and social assistance, 3.0% Construction, 3.0% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 3.0% Wholesale trade.

45.1% of homes are fully owned, and 18.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 28.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $477 per week and the median household income is $1208 per week.

The median rent in Captains Mountain is $120 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Captains Mountain postcode 4357

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Greenvale 4816 -> Northern -> Queensland