Augathella Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Augathella (4477) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 667 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Augathella is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Augathella was 587 and is comprised of approximately 49.9% females and 50.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Augathella is 44 years of age.

90.9% of people living in the suburb of Augathella were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.2% England, 1.0% New Zealand.

94.5% of people living in Augathella speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Augathella is 39.2% Anglican, 32.4% Catholic, 8.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.7% No religion, 4.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.3% Uniting Church, 1.7% Lutheran, 1.7% Christian, nfd, 0.5% Baptist.

56.7% of people are married, 26.8% have never married and 6.5% are divorced and 2.5% are separated. There are 36 widowed people living in Augathella.

61.3% of the people living in Augathella over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 21.7% are working on a part time basis. Augathella has an unemployment rate of 6.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Augathella are 37.6% Managers, 21.1% Labourers, 10.1% Technicians & trades workers, 8.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.1% Community & personal service workers, 5.4% Professionals, 4.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.0% Sales workers, 1.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Augathella work in are 48.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.7% Health care and social assistance, 6.7% Public administration and safety, 6.0% Accommodation and food services, 5.4% Construction, 4.0% Other services, 4.0% Wholesale trade, 3.0% Education and training, 2.7% Retail trade.

50.2% of homes are fully owned, and 15.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 26.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $450 per week and the median household income is $695 per week.

The median rent in Augathella is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $358 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Augathella postcode 4477

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: West Mackay 4740 -> Central Coast -> Queensland