Mount Whitestone Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Mount Whitestone (4347) is a suburb of South Eastern, Toowoomba & South Eastern, Queensland. It is about 90 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Mount Whitestone is in the federal electorate of Wright.

In the 2011 census the population of Mount Whitestone was 211 and is comprised of approximately 51.2% females and 48.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mount Whitestone is 47 years of age.

89.9% of people living in the suburb of Mount Whitestone were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.9% England.

93.8% of people living in Mount Whitestone speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mount Whitestone is 23.9% Anglican, 22.5% No religion, 12.0% Catholic, 10.5% Uniting Church, 8.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.3% Lutheran, 3.8% Seventh-day Adventist, 3.8% Christian, nfd, 2.9% Other religious affiliation , 2.4% Churches of Christ.

63.7% of people are married, 22.5% have never married and 8.1% are divorced and 1.9% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Mount Whitestone.

71.3% of the people living in Mount Whitestone over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.5% are working on a part time basis. Mount Whitestone has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Mount Whitestone are 40.2% Managers, 15.2% Labourers, 14.1% Professionals, 10.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.8% Community & personal service workers, 6.5% Technicians & trades workers, 3.3% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Mount Whitestone work in are 42.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.1% Education and training, 9.0% Manufacturing, 9.0% Construction, 9.0% Health care and social assistance, 6.7% Other services, 3.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.4% Accommodation and food services, 3.4% Public administration and safety.

35.5% of homes are fully owned, and 36.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $383 per week and the median household income is $870 per week.

The median rent in Mount Whitestone is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $739 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mount Whitestone postcode 4347

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Tannum Sands 4680 -> Central Coast -> Queensland