Obi Obi Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Obi Obi (4574) is a suburb of South Eastern, Sunshine Coast, Queensland. It is about 94 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Obi Obi is in the federal electorate of Fairfax.

In the 2011 census the population of Obi Obi was 427 and is comprised of approximately 48.0% females and 52.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Obi Obi is 43 years of age.

86.4% of people living in the suburb of Obi Obi were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.6% England, 2.1% South Africa, 1.2% New Zealand, 1.2% United States of America, 1.2% Germany, 1.2% Papua New Guinea.

95.3% of people living in Obi Obi speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Obi Obi is 36.2% No religion, 21.1% Anglican, 10.1% Catholic, 8.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.3% Uniting Church, 3.5% Baptist, 3.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.1% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Lutheran, 1.4% Seventh-day Adventist.

47.6% of people are married, 31.6% have never married and 13.0% are divorced and 3.9% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Obi Obi.

56.6% of the people living in Obi Obi over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.3% are working on a part time basis. Obi Obi has an unemployment rate of 6.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Obi Obi are 22.3% Professionals, 20.2% Managers, 12.2% Technicians & trades workers, 11.7% Labourers, 11.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.5% Sales workers, 8.0% Community & personal service workers, 3.2% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 2.7% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Obi Obi work in are 13.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.5% Health care and social assistance, 9.9% Manufacturing, 9.9% Accommodation and food services, 8.3% Construction, 7.8% Public administration and safety, 6.8% Education and training, 5.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.7% Retail trade.

36.8% of homes are fully owned, and 40.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $543 per week and the median household income is $1053 per week.

The median rent in Obi Obi is $185 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1757 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Obi Obi postcode 4574

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Holland Park West 4121 -> Brisbane -> Queensland