Emu Creek Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Emu Creek (4355) is a suburb of South Eastern, Sunshine Coast, Queensland. It is about 113 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Emu Creek is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Emu Creek was 239 and is comprised of approximately 49.0% females and 51.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Emu Creek is 45 years of age.

79.5% of people living in the suburb of Emu Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.8% New Zealand, 3.8% England, 2.1% South Africa.

90.3% of people living in Emu Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 9.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Emu Creek is 18.9% Lutheran, 17.2% Anglican, 16.4% Catholic, 12.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 11.8% Uniting Church, 10.1% No religion, 7.6% Christian, nfd, 2.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.7% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.7% Pentecostal.

63.0% of people are married, 19.0% have never married and 6.9% are divorced and 4.8% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Emu Creek.

68.8% of the people living in Emu Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.2% are working on a part time basis. Emu Creek has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Emu Creek are 45.9% Managers, 14.8% Community & personal service workers, 12.3% Labourers, 8.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.6% Professionals, 4.9% Sales workers, 4.9% Technicians & trades workers, 2.5% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Emu Creek work in are 49.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 21.0% Education and training, 8.4% Health care and social assistance, 7.6% Public administration and safety, 5.0% Retail trade, 5.0% Construction, 3.4% Manufacturing.

59.8% of homes are fully owned, and 24.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $440 per week and the median household income is $1025 per week.

The median rent in Emu Creek is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Emu Creek postcode 4355

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Yorkeys Knob 4878 -> Northern -> Queensland