South Stradbroke Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

South Stradbroke (4216) is a suburb of South Eastern, Gold Coast & Hinterland, Queensland. It is about 57 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. South Stradbroke is in the federal electorate of Fadden.

In the 2011 census the population of South Stradbroke was 101 and is comprised of approximately 36.6% females and 63.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of South Stradbroke is 57 years of age.

54.5% of people living in the suburb of South Stradbroke were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 8.1% New Zealand, 7.1% England.

72.0% of people living in South Stradbroke speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 28.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of South Stradbroke is 31.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 21.8% No religion, 21.8% Catholic, 14.9% Anglican, 4.0% Uniting Church, 3.0% Lutheran, 3.0% Presbyterian and Reformed.

39.1% of people are married, 18.5% have never married and 22.8% are divorced and 16.3% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in South Stradbroke.

45.7% of the people living in South Stradbroke over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 20.0% are working on a part time basis. South Stradbroke has an unemployment rate of 25.7%.

The main occupations of people living in South Stradbroke are 34.8% Technicians & trades workers, 26.1% Labourers, 26.1% Managers, 13.0% Professionals.

The main industries people from South Stradbroke work in are 42.1% Accommodation and food services, 26.3% Retail trade, 15.8% Public administration and safety, 15.8% Administrative and support services.

68.1% of homes are fully owned, and 10.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $387 per week and the median household income is $624 per week.

The median rent in South Stradbroke is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1600 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for South Stradbroke postcode 4216

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Holland Park West 4121 -> Brisbane -> Queensland