Cape Cleveland Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Cape Cleveland (4810) is a suburb of Northern, Townsville, Queensland. It is about 1091 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Cape Cleveland is in the federal electorate of Dawson.

In the 2011 census the population of Cape Cleveland was 124 and is comprised of approximately 37.9% females and 62.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Cape Cleveland is 40 years of age.

85.2% of people living in the suburb of Cape Cleveland were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.7% England, 2.5% India.

93.6% of people living in Cape Cleveland speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Cape Cleveland is 26.2% No religion, 26.2% Anglican, 18.3% Catholic, 17.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.8% Uniting Church, 2.4% Seventh-day Adventist, 2.4% Other Protestant, 2.4% Assyrian Apostolic.

51.1% of people are married, 29.8% have never married and 12.8% are divorced and 3.2% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Cape Cleveland.

42.9% of the people living in Cape Cleveland over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.3% are working on a part time basis. Cape Cleveland has an unemployment rate of 4.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Cape Cleveland are 24.1% Technicians & trades workers, 16.7% Sales workers, 14.8% Labourers, 13.0% Professionals, 13.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.4% Community & personal service workers, 5.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Cape Cleveland work in are 14.8% Public administration and safety, 14.8% Manufacturing, 14.8% Construction, 9.8% Accommodation and food services, 9.8% Wholesale trade, 6.6% Health care and social assistance, 4.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 4.9% Retail trade, 4.9% Inadequately described/Not stated.

29.5% of homes are fully owned, and 50.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $581 per week and the median household income is $1093 per week.

The median rent in Cape Cleveland is $190 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2050 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Cape Cleveland postcode 4810

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Theodore 4719 -> Western -> Queensland