Blackrock Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Blackrock (4850) is a suburb of Northern, Townsville, Queensland. It is about 1200 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Blackrock is in the federal electorate of Kennedy.

In the 2011 census the population of Blackrock was 329 and is comprised of approximately 45.9% females and 54.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Blackrock is 41 years of age.

97.0% of people living in the suburb of Blackrock were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% New Zealand, 1.2% Mauritius.

96.7% of people living in Blackrock speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.3% Italian.

The religious makeup of Blackrock is 50.0% Catholic, 23.9% Anglican, 8.2% No religion, 7.0% Uniting Church, 2.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.7% Baptist, 2.4% Christian, nfd, 1.2% Salvation Army, 0.9% Jehovah's Witnesses, 0.9% Presbyterian and Reformed.

70.4% of people are married, 17.2% have never married and 6.4% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Blackrock.

64.2% of the people living in Blackrock over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.4% are working on a part time basis. Blackrock has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Blackrock are 25.7% Managers, 16.8% Technicians & trades workers, 12.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.2% Professionals, 10.6% Labourers, 10.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.3% Community & personal service workers, 6.1% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Blackrock work in are 22.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.5% Manufacturing, 12.3% Retail trade, 10.6% Health care and social assistance, 8.4% Construction, 7.8% Education and training, 5.6% Other services, 5.0% Public administration and safety, 4.5% Transport, postal and warehousing.

56.5% of homes are fully owned, and 29.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $596 per week and the median household income is $1208 per week.

The median rent in Blackrock is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1376 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Blackrock postcode 4850

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Lamington 4285 -> South Eastern -> Queensland