Mowbray Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Mowbray (4877) is a suburb of Northern, Cairns, Queensland. It is about 1440 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Mowbray is in the federal electorate of Leichhardt.

In the 2011 census the population of Mowbray was 331 and is comprised of approximately 46.2% females and 53.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mowbray is 49 years of age.

58.5% of people living in the suburb of Mowbray were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.0% England, 4.5% New Zealand, 1.5% South Africa, 1.2% Wales, 1.2% Germany, 1.2% Scotland.

73.9% of people living in Mowbray speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 26.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mowbray is 28.2% No religion, 25.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 15.8% Anglican, 14.8% Catholic, 5.5% Uniting Church, 3.0% Buddhism, 2.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.2% Lutheran, 0.9% Christian, nfd, 0.9% Baptist.

54.0% of people are married, 29.5% have never married and 11.6% are divorced and 3.2% are separated. There are 5 widowed people living in Mowbray.

60.1% of the people living in Mowbray over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.1% are working on a part time basis. Mowbray has an unemployment rate of 5.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Mowbray are 23.4% Professionals, 17.2% Managers, 15.2% Technicians & trades workers, 11.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.0% Labourers, 8.3% Community & personal service workers, 6.9% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Mowbray work in are 18.5% Accommodation and food services, 13.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 10.3% Retail trade, 10.3% Health care and social assistance, 10.3% Construction, 9.6% Administrative and support services, 8.2% Education and training, 6.2% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.1% Manufacturing.

57.0% of homes are fully owned, and 23.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $643 per week and the median household income is $1197 per week.

The median rent in Mowbray is $340 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2167 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mowbray postcode 4877

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Lower Tully 4854 -> Northern -> Queensland