Kureen Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Kureen (4885) is a suburb of Northern, Cairns, Queensland. It is about 1361 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Kureen is in the federal electorate of Kennedy.

In the 2011 census the population of Kureen was 121 and is comprised of approximately 47.9% females and 52.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Kureen is 45 years of age.

80.7% of people living in the suburb of Kureen were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.7% United States of America, 5.0% England, 4.2% Scotland, 3.4% New Zealand.

94.2% of people living in Kureen speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.8% French.

The religious makeup of Kureen is 36.4% No religion, 26.4% Catholic, 12.4% Anglican, 5.8% Other Religious Groups, 5.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.5% Christian, nfd, 2.5% Baptist, 2.5% Lutheran, 2.5% Uniting Church.

48.9% of people are married, 23.9% have never married and 13.0% are divorced and 4.3% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Kureen.

62.0% of the people living in Kureen over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.0% are working on a part time basis. Kureen has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Kureen are 28.0% Professionals, 14.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 14.0% Labourers, 14.0% Technicians & trades workers, 12.0% Managers, 6.0% Sales workers, 6.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.0% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Kureen work in are 17.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.5% Public administration and safety, 11.5% Health care and social assistance, 11.5% Mining, 7.7% Accommodation and food services, 5.8% Arts and recreation services, 5.8% Retail trade, 5.8% Manufacturing, 5.8% Construction.

47.1% of homes are fully owned, and 29.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $643 per week and the median household income is $766 per week.

The median rent in Kureen is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1265 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Kureen postcode 4885

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Lower Tully 4854 -> Northern -> Queensland