Windorah Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Windorah (4481) is a suburb of Central, Central Outback, Queensland. It is about 1057 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Windorah is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Windorah was 350 and is comprised of approximately 45.7% females and 54.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Windorah is 42 years of age.

90.0% of people living in the suburb of Windorah were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.0% Ireland, 1.4% England, 1.1% New Zealand.

94.6% of people living in Windorah speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Windorah is 34.3% Anglican, 24.6% Catholic, 12.0% No religion, 10.6% Uniting Church, 8.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.0% Lutheran, 1.7% Christian, nfd, 0.9% Baptist.

48.1% of people are married, 37.5% have never married and 10.0% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Windorah.

68.3% of the people living in Windorah over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 15.6% are working on a part time basis. Windorah has an unemployment rate of 1.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Windorah are 31.4% Managers, 24.1% Labourers, 10.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.3% Technicians & trades workers, 6.8% Professionals, 5.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 4.5% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Windorah work in are 45.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 21.1% Public administration and safety, 7.3% Education and training, 5.5% Construction, 5.5% Health care and social assistance, 3.2% Accommodation and food services, 2.8% Inadequately described/Not stated, 2.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 1.8% Manufacturing.

39.4% of homes are fully owned, and 11.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 43.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $649 per week and the median household income is $1010 per week.

The median rent in Windorah is $70 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $227 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Windorah postcode 4481

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Cairdbeign 4722 -> Central -> Queensland