Boulia Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Boulia (4829) is a suburb of Central, Central Outback, Queensland. It is about 1413 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Boulia is in the federal electorates of Kennedy, Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Boulia was 230 and is comprised of approximately 46.1% females and 53.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Boulia is 34 years of age.

90.4% of people living in the suburb of Boulia were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.2% New Zealand.

93.9% of people living in Boulia speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Boulia is 45.2% Catholic, 17.4% No religion, 12.6% Anglican, 11.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.8% Uniting Church, 1.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.3% Lutheran, 1.3% Christian, nfd.

27.6% of people are married, 55.9% have never married and 9.4% are divorced and 5.3% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Boulia.

62.2% of the people living in Boulia over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 13.5% are working on a part time basis. Boulia has an unemployment rate of 13.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Boulia are 27.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 15.6% Labourers, 11.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 10.4% Managers, 10.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.3% Technicians & trades workers, 7.3% Professionals, 6.2% Community & personal service workers, 3.1% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Boulia work in are 40.4% Public administration and safety, 20.2% Inadequately described/Not stated, 13.8% Construction, 7.4% Education and training, 4.3% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 4.3% Health care and social assistance, 3.2% Accommodation and food services, 3.2% Retail trade, 3.2% Transport, postal and warehousing.

23.3% of homes are fully owned, and 4.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 68.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $581 per week and the median household income is $1113 per week.

The median rent in Boulia is $80 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $520 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Boulia postcode 4829

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Biarra 4313 -> South Eastern -> Queensland