Struck Oil Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Struck Oil (4714) is a suburb of Central Coast, Rockhampton, Queensland. It is about 501 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Struck Oil is in the federal electorate of Flynn.

In the 2011 census the population of Struck Oil was 179 and is comprised of approximately 47.5% females and 52.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Struck Oil is 48 years of age.

86.3% of people living in the suburb of Struck Oil were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.7% England, 2.2% Scotland, 1.6% New Zealand, 1.6% Germany.

96.7% of people living in Struck Oil speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Struck Oil is 25.0% No religion, 22.2% Anglican, 15.6% Catholic, 9.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 7.2% Uniting Church, 6.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.0% Christian, nfd, 3.3% Buddhism, 2.2% Salvation Army, 1.7% Eastern Orthodox.

51.9% of people are married, 32.7% have never married and 9.9% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Struck Oil.

55.1% of the people living in Struck Oil over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.5% are working on a part time basis. Struck Oil has an unemployment rate of 10.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Struck Oil are 22.1% Technicians & trades workers, 16.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 16.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 15.1% Labourers, 11.6% Community & personal service workers, 10.5% Professionals, 4.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.5% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Struck Oil work in are 17.9% Health care and social assistance, 11.9% Retail trade, 11.9% Manufacturing, 10.7% Construction, 10.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 9.5% Accommodation and food services, 8.3% Public administration and safety, 7.1% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.8% Mining.

34.7% of homes are fully owned, and 49.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $436 per week and the median household income is $866 per week.

The median rent in Struck Oil is $105 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Struck Oil postcode 4714

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Scarborough 4020 -> Brisbane -> Queensland