Orange Creek Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Orange Creek (4715) is a suburb of Central Coast, Rockhampton, Queensland. It is about 439 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Orange Creek is in the federal electorate of Flynn.

In the 2011 census the population of Orange Creek was 238 and is comprised of approximately 47.9% females and 52.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Orange Creek is 38 years of age.

94.9% of people living in the suburb of Orange Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

97.5% of people living in Orange Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Orange Creek is 34.3% Anglican, 15.5% Catholic, 15.1% No religion, 7.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.3% Lutheran, 5.0% Uniting Church, 3.3% Christian, nfd, 2.9% Baptist, 2.1% Pentecostal.

67.3% of people are married, 23.4% have never married and 1.8% are divorced and 3.5% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Orange Creek.

63.7% of the people living in Orange Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 18.5% are working on a part time basis. Orange Creek has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Orange Creek are 42.3% Managers, 13.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.0% Labourers, 10.0% Technicians & trades workers, 5.4% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 4.6% Sales workers, 2.3% Professionals.

The main industries people from Orange Creek work in are 42.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.9% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.5% Construction, 6.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.8% Mining, 4.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.3% Public administration and safety, 4.3% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 4.3% Health care and social assistance.

52.4% of homes are fully owned, and 25.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $578 per week and the median household income is $1297 per week.

The median rent in Orange Creek is $120 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1673 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Orange Creek postcode 4715

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Milton 4064 -> Brisbane -> Queensland