Duaringa Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Duaringa (4712) is a suburb of Central Coast, Rockhampton, Queensland. It is about 535 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Duaringa is in the federal electorate of Flynn.

In the 2011 census the population of Duaringa was 478 and is comprised of approximately 45.4% females and 54.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Duaringa is 41 years of age.

85.9% of people living in the suburb of Duaringa were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.5% England, 1.1% New Zealand, 1.1% Philippines.

92.5% of people living in Duaringa speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Duaringa is 29.9% Anglican, 23.4% Catholic, 11.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 11.1% Uniting Church, 10.0% No religion, 5.4% Christian, nfd, 4.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 0.8% Lutheran, 0.6% Seventh-day Adventist, 0.6% Salvation Army.

53.2% of people are married, 28.0% have never married and 9.3% are divorced and 4.6% are separated. There are 19 widowed people living in Duaringa.

69.6% of the people living in Duaringa over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 17.4% are working on a part time basis. Duaringa has an unemployment rate of 4.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Duaringa are 31.5% Managers, 20.4% Labourers, 16.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.2% Technicians & trades workers, 6.9% Professionals, 4.6% Sales workers, 4.6% Community & personal service workers, 4.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 1.2% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Duaringa work in are 37.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.7% Construction, 8.5% Public administration and safety, 6.9% Education and training, 5.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.4% Retail trade, 4.6% Health care and social assistance, 4.6% Mining, 4.6% Accommodation and food services.

43.9% of homes are fully owned, and 12.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 35.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $619 per week and the median household income is $1109 per week.

The median rent in Duaringa is $45 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $713 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Duaringa postcode 4712

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Tamrookum 4285 -> South Eastern -> Queensland