Bajool Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Bajool (4699) is a suburb of Central Coast, Rockhampton, Queensland. It is about 487 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Bajool is in the federal electorate of Flynn.

In the 2011 census the population of Bajool was 543 and is comprised of approximately 45.9% females and 54.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Bajool is 43 years of age.

89.0% of people living in the suburb of Bajool were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.0% New Zealand, 2.0% England, 0.9% Samoa.

93.6% of people living in Bajool speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Bajool is 23.6% Anglican, 20.8% Catholic, 19.9% No religion, 9.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.5% Uniting Church, 6.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.5% Baptist, 1.1% Buddhism, 1.1% Christian, nfd, 1.1% Other Christian.

57.4% of people are married, 24.5% have never married and 9.9% are divorced and 4.5% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Bajool.

66.0% of the people living in Bajool over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.3% are working on a part time basis. Bajool has an unemployment rate of 2.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Bajool are 21.7% Managers, 19.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.8% Technicians & trades workers, 12.1% Labourers, 11.2% Professionals, 10.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.4% Community & personal service workers, 5.0% Sales workers, 1.2% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Bajool work in are 17.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 9.5% Mining, 8.7% Construction, 8.3% Manufacturing, 7.9% Education and training, 6.2% Health care and social assistance, 6.2% Inadequately described/Not stated, 5.4% Retail trade.

46.2% of homes are fully owned, and 29.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $539 per week and the median household income is $1028 per week.

The median rent in Bajool is $138 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Bajool postcode 4699

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Sandiford 4740 -> Central Coast -> Queensland