St Lawrence Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

St Lawrence (4707) is a suburb of Central Coast, Mackay & Whitsundays, Queensland. It is about 669 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. St Lawrence is in the federal electorate of Capricornia.

In the 2011 census the population of St Lawrence was 396 and is comprised of approximately 41.9% females and 58.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of St Lawrence is 55 years of age.

76.4% of people living in the suburb of St Lawrence were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.3% New Zealand, 2.5% England, 1.3% Philippines.

84.6% of people living in St Lawrence speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 15.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of St Lawrence is 28.5% Anglican, 17.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 14.9% No religion, 12.6% Catholic, 11.6% Uniting Church, 7.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.3% Lutheran, 1.5% Other Protestant, 1.0% Seventh-day Adventist, 0.8% Christian, nfd.

49.6% of people are married, 19.0% have never married and 20.2% are divorced and 4.5% are separated. There are 24 widowed people living in St Lawrence.

70.1% of the people living in St Lawrence over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.1% are working on a part time basis. St Lawrence has an unemployment rate of 2.7%.

The main occupations of people living in St Lawrence are 26.6% Managers, 21.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 15.4% Technicians & trades workers, 13.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.1% Labourers, 8.4% Professionals, 5.6% Sales workers.

The main industries people from St Lawrence work in are 27.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 22.7% Public administration and safety, 12.1% Mining, 7.8% Construction, 7.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.3% Education and training, 3.5% Accommodation and food services, 3.5% Retail trade.

51.9% of homes are fully owned, and 19.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 22.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $361 per week and the median household income is $655 per week.

The median rent in St Lawrence is $50 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1500 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for St Lawrence postcode 4707

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Tingoora 4608 -> Central Coast -> Queensland