Mount Martin Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Mount Martin (4754) is a suburb of Central Coast, Mackay & Whitsundays, Queensland. It is about 826 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Mount Martin is in the federal electorate of Capricornia.

In the 2011 census the population of Mount Martin was 306 and is comprised of approximately 48.4% females and 51.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mount Martin is 34 years of age.

88.3% of people living in the suburb of Mount Martin were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.3% New Zealand, 1.6% Netherlands, 1.6% United States of America, 1.3% England.

95.4% of people living in Mount Martin speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mount Martin is 23.1% No religion, 18.8% Catholic, 18.5% Anglican, 14.9% Uniting Church, 10.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.9% Jehovah's Witnesses, 2.9% Lutheran, 1.0% Baptist, 1.0% Other religious affiliation .

59.8% of people are married, 24.1% have never married and 8.5% are divorced and 2.2% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Mount Martin.

61.2% of the people living in Mount Martin over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.5% are working on a part time basis. Mount Martin has an unemployment rate of 6.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Mount Martin are 22.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 19.3% Technicians & trades workers, 12.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.9% Managers, 11.1% Sales workers, 7.4% Labourers, 5.9% Community & personal service workers, 5.2% Professionals, 4.4% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Mount Martin work in are 13.7% Mining, 13.7% Construction, 12.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.4% Manufacturing, 8.6% Education and training, 7.2% Health care and social assistance, 7.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.5% Retail trade, 6.5% Accommodation and food services.

29.3% of homes are fully owned, and 46.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $631 per week and the median household income is $1700 per week.

The median rent in Mount Martin is $85 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2427 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mount Martin postcode 4754

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Alloway 4670 -> Central Coast -> Queensland