Lowmead Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Lowmead (4676) is a suburb of Central Coast, Bundaberg & Wide Bay, Queensland. It is about 351 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Lowmead is in the federal electorate of Flynn.

In the 2011 census the population of Lowmead was 225 and is comprised of approximately 46.7% females and 53.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Lowmead is 49 years of age.

80.2% of people living in the suburb of Lowmead were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.5% England, 3.2% New Zealand, 3.2% Eastern Europe, nfd, 1.8% Netherlands.

96.4% of people living in Lowmead speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Lowmead is 35.0% Anglican, 25.2% No religion, 8.8% Catholic, 7.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.1% Uniting Church, 5.8% Lutheran, 4.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.1% Christian, nfd, 1.3% Churches of Christ, 1.3% Jehovah's Witnesses.

50.5% of people are married, 24.2% have never married and 19.1% are divorced and 6.2% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Lowmead.

55.3% of the people living in Lowmead over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.1% are working on a part time basis. Lowmead has an unemployment rate of 6.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Lowmead are 29.5% Managers, 23.2% Labourers, 16.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.5% Technicians & trades workers, 6.3% Community & personal service workers, 3.2% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Lowmead work in are 30.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.4% Education and training, 9.4% Public administration and safety, 9.4% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.3% Accommodation and food services, 6.2% Retail trade, 6.2% Manufacturing, 6.2% Mining, 5.2% Health care and social assistance.

49.5% of homes are fully owned, and 23.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $366 per week and the median household income is $840 per week.

The median rent in Lowmead is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $980 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Lowmead postcode 4676

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Kureen 4885 -> Northern -> Queensland