Harrisville Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Harrisville (4307) is a suburb of Brisbane, Ipswich, Queensland. It is about 52 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Harrisville is in the federal electorate of Wright.

In the 2011 census the population of Harrisville was 427 and is comprised of approximately 51.3% females and 48.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Harrisville is 33 years of age.

87.9% of people living in the suburb of Harrisville were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.5% England, 1.2% New Zealand, 1.2% Germany.

94.4% of people living in Harrisville speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Harrisville is 24.4% Anglican, 18.5% Catholic, 18.3% No religion, 14.8% Uniting Church, 11.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.3% Lutheran, 2.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.6% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.4% Salvation Army, 1.4% Christian, nfd.

61.6% of people are married, 24.8% have never married and 8.3% are divorced and 3.0% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Harrisville.

55.1% of the people living in Harrisville over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.0% are working on a part time basis. Harrisville has an unemployment rate of 6.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Harrisville are 23.5% Technicians & trades workers, 18.0% Labourers, 14.8% Community & personal service workers, 10.9% Managers, 10.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.1% Sales workers, 3.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.3% Professionals.

The main industries people from Harrisville work in are 11.8% Health care and social assistance, 11.2% Manufacturing, 9.6% Other services, 9.6% Construction, 8.0% Public administration and safety, 8.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 8.0% Wholesale trade, 6.4% Retail trade, 6.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing.

25.2% of homes are fully owned, and 44.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 30.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $492 per week and the median household income is $1125 per week.

The median rent in Harrisville is $235 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1400 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Harrisville postcode 4307

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Buderim 4556 -> South Eastern -> Queensland