North Stradbroke Island Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

North Stradbroke Island (4183) is a suburb of Brisbane, Eastern Suburbs, Queensland. It is about 44 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane.

In the 2011 census the population of North Stradbroke Island was 117 and is comprised of approximately 39.3% females and 60.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of North Stradbroke Island is 59 years of age.

94.6% of people living in the suburb of North Stradbroke Island were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

88.8% of people living in North Stradbroke Island speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 11.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of North Stradbroke Island is 24.8% Catholic, 23.1% Anglican, 20.5% No religion, 12.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.7% Uniting Church, 6.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.6% Jehovah's Witnesses, 2.6% Christian, nfd.

35.6% of people are married, 29.8% have never married and 23.1% are divorced and 2.9% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in North Stradbroke Island.

59.0% of the people living in North Stradbroke Island over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 41.0% are working on a part time basis. North Stradbroke Island has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in North Stradbroke Island are 33.3% Community & personal service workers, 16.7% Professionals, 16.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 16.7% Managers, 8.3% Labourers, 8.3% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from North Stradbroke Island work in are 36.4% Health care and social assistance, 18.2% Mining, 12.1% Construction, 12.1% Inadequately described/Not stated, 12.1% Retail trade, 9.1% Manufacturing.

58.7% of homes are fully owned, and 14.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $372 per week and the median household income is $511 per week.

The median rent in North Stradbroke Island is $300 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $453 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for North Stradbroke Island postcode 4183

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Lower Beechmont 4211 -> South Eastern -> Queensland