Areyonga Demographics (NT) Local Stats

Areyonga (0872) is a suburb of Northern Territory, Alice Springs, Northern Territory. It is about 1300 kms from NT's capital city of Darwin. Areyonga is in the federal electorate of Lingiari.

In the 2011 census the population of Areyonga was 235 and is comprised of approximately 56.2% females and 43.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Areyonga is 23 years of age.

100.0% of people living in the suburb of Areyonga were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

92.8% of people living in Areyonga speak Australian Indigenous Languages . The other top languages spoken are 7.2% English only.

The religious makeup of Areyonga is 88.1% Lutheran, 4.3% No religion, 2.6% Baptist, 1.3% Australian Aboriginal Traditional Religions, 1.3% Anglican, 1.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.3% Christian, nfd.

50.0% of people are married, 38.3% have never married and 2.2% are divorced and 1.7% are separated. There are 14 widowed people living in Areyonga.

35.1% of the people living in Areyonga over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.8% are working on a part time basis. Areyonga has an unemployment rate of 12.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Areyonga are 32.7% Labourers, 30.6% Community & personal service workers, 18.4% Professionals, 18.4% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Areyonga work in are 47.1% Public administration and safety, 23.5% Education and training, 11.8% Inadequately described/Not stated, 5.9% Arts and recreation services, 5.9% Health care and social assistance, 5.9% Other services.

0.0% of homes are fully owned, and 0.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 100.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $157 per week and the median household income is $824 per week.

The median rent in Areyonga is $30 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Areyonga postcode 0872

  • Qpzm LocalStats Northern Territory Suburb of the Day: Karama 0812 -> Northern Territory -> Northern Territory