Fitzroy Falls Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Fitzroy Falls (2577) is a suburb of South Coast, Southern Highlands, New South Wales. It is about 109 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Fitzroy Falls is in the federal electorate of Throsby.

In the 2011 census the population of Fitzroy Falls was 208 and is comprised of approximately 49.5% females and 50.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Fitzroy Falls is 46 years of age.

85.5% of people living in the suburb of Fitzroy Falls were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.8% England, 2.9% New Zealand.

95.1% of people living in Fitzroy Falls speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Fitzroy Falls is 29.3% Anglican, 18.8% No religion, 18.8% Catholic, 11.1% Uniting Church, 7.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.4% Other Christian, 1.9% Judaism, 1.9% Other Religious Groups, 1.4% Salvation Army.

58.0% of people are married, 23.7% have never married and 7.7% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Fitzroy Falls.

45.2% of the people living in Fitzroy Falls over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 38.7% are working on a part time basis. Fitzroy Falls has an unemployment rate of 3.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Fitzroy Falls are 25.3% Managers, 18.7% Technicians & trades workers, 16.5% Professionals, 13.2% Sales workers, 9.9% Community & personal service workers, 6.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.6% Labourers, 3.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Fitzroy Falls work in are 19.6% Retail trade, 13.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 9.8% Education and training, 7.6% Health care and social assistance, 6.5% Accommodation and food services, 6.5% Financial and insurance services, 6.5% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.3% Construction.

48.7% of homes are fully owned, and 35.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $483 per week and the median household income is $954 per week.

The median rent in Fitzroy Falls is $127 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2384 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Fitzroy Falls postcode 2577

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: North Batemans Bay 2536 -> South Coast -> New South Wales