Nimmitabel Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Nimmitabel (2631) is a suburb of South Coast, South Coast, New South Wales. It is about 343 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Nimmitabel is in the federal electorate of Eden-Monaro.

In the 2011 census the population of Nimmitabel was 224 and is comprised of approximately 46.9% females and 53.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Nimmitabel is 49 years of age.

92.8% of people living in the suburb of Nimmitabel were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.5% England, 2.7% Germany.

98.7% of people living in Nimmitabel speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.3% German.

The religious makeup of Nimmitabel is 26.5% Anglican, 26.5% Catholic, 23.5% No religion, 8.0% Uniting Church, 4.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.5% Christian, nfd, 2.7% Other Religious Groups, 1.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Buddhism, 1.3% Baptist.

52.0% of people are married, 26.3% have never married and 12.0% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 17 widowed people living in Nimmitabel.

48.7% of the people living in Nimmitabel over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.9% are working on a part time basis. Nimmitabel has an unemployment rate of 11.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Nimmitabel are 18.8% Professionals, 18.8% Community & personal service workers, 15.9% Labourers, 15.9% Technicians & trades workers, 13.0% Sales workers, 11.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.8% Managers.

The main industries people from Nimmitabel work in are 15.7% Retail trade, 11.4% Public administration and safety, 10.0% Construction, 10.0% Education and training, 8.6% Arts and recreation services, 8.6% Administrative and support services, 8.6% Wholesale trade, 7.1% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing.

50.5% of homes are fully owned, and 32.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $343 per week and the median household income is $575 per week.

The median rent in Nimmitabel is $118 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $650 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Nimmitabel postcode 2631

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Barellan 2665 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales