Porters Retreat Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Porters Retreat (2787) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Southern Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 134 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Porters Retreat is in the federal electorate of Calare.

In the 2011 census the population of Porters Retreat was 255 and is comprised of approximately 28.2% females and 71.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Porters Retreat is 26 years of age.

80.3% of people living in the suburb of Porters Retreat were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.3% New Zealand, 3.1% Oceania and Antarctica, nfd, 2.4% Fiji, 2.0% England, 2.0% Vietnam.

53.8% of people living in Porters Retreat speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 46.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Porters Retreat is 49.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 23.9% Catholic, 11.8% Anglican, 9.8% No religion, 1.6% Pentecostal, 1.6% Christian, nfd, 1.2% Lutheran, 1.2% Uniting Church.

38.1% of people are married, 49.6% have never married and 5.3% are divorced and 4.4% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Porters Retreat.

66.2% of the people living in Porters Retreat over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.6% are working on a part time basis. Porters Retreat has an unemployment rate of 9.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Porters Retreat are 54.1% Managers, 11.5% Labourers, 9.8% Professionals, 4.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.9% Sales workers, 4.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 4.9% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Porters Retreat work in are 53.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.1% Education and training, 9.4% Manufacturing, 4.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.7% Accommodation and food services, 4.7% Retail trade, 4.7% Construction, 4.7% Health care and social assistance.

49.2% of homes are fully owned, and 20.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $388 per week and the median household income is $949 per week.

The median rent in Porters Retreat is $110 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1600 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Porters Retreat postcode 2787

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Korora 2450 -> North Coast -> New South Wales