Stonehenge Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Stonehenge (2370) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Northern Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 453 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Stonehenge is in the federal electorate of New England.

In the 2011 census the population of Stonehenge was 219 and is comprised of approximately 46.6% females and 53.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Stonehenge is 47 years of age.

83.1% of people living in the suburb of Stonehenge were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.4% England, 1.8% United States of America, 1.4% Scotland.

93.1% of people living in Stonehenge speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Stonehenge is 36.4% Anglican, 28.6% Catholic, 9.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.1% No religion, 5.9% Uniting Church, 4.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.6% Christian, nfd, 2.7% Buddhism.

68.8% of people are married, 17.3% have never married and 6.9% are divorced and 5.2% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Stonehenge.

62.3% of the people living in Stonehenge over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.0% are working on a part time basis. Stonehenge has an unemployment rate of 5.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Stonehenge are 28.7% Managers, 14.8% Labourers, 13.9% Professionals, 11.3% Technicians & trades workers, 10.4% Community & personal service workers, 8.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.5% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Stonehenge work in are 37.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.4% Education and training, 10.5% Construction, 7.9% Professional, scientific and technical services, 7.9% Health care and social assistance, 7.0% Public administration and safety, 5.3% Retail trade, 5.3% Financial and insurance services, 3.5% Administrative and support services.

47.1% of homes are fully owned, and 27.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $523 per week and the median household income is $1297 per week.

The median rent in Stonehenge is $80 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $3467 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Stonehenge postcode 2370

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Urliup 2484 -> North Coast -> New South Wales