Elsmore Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Elsmore (2360) is a suburb of Regional NSW, North West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 452 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Elsmore is in the federal electorate of New England.

In the 2011 census the population of Elsmore was 567 and is comprised of approximately 49.4% females and 50.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Elsmore is 35 years of age.

67.9% of people living in the suburb of Elsmore were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 17.7% United States of America, 5.4% England, 1.1% New Zealand, 1.1% Paraguay, 0.7% Germany, 0.5% Netherlands.

97.2% of people living in Elsmore speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Elsmore is 28.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 18.2% Anglican, 14.8% Catholic, 11.1% No religion, 10.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.0% Uniting Church, 5.8% Christian, nfd, 1.4% Pentecostal, 1.1% Churches of Christ, 1.1% Other religious affiliation .

57.0% of people are married, 29.6% have never married and 5.5% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Elsmore.

63.2% of the people living in Elsmore over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.8% are working on a part time basis. Elsmore has an unemployment rate of 7.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Elsmore are 34.2% Managers, 13.0% Labourers, 12.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.2% Professionals, 8.7% Technicians & trades workers, 7.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.5% Sales workers, 5.6% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Elsmore work in are 37.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.7% Health care and social assistance, 8.8% Education and training, 8.2% Retail trade, 8.2% Construction, 5.7% Manufacturing, 3.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.8% Rental, hiring and real estate services, 2.5% Financial and insurance services.

34.5% of homes are fully owned, and 25.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 33.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $310 per week and the median household income is $685 per week.

The median rent in Elsmore is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Elsmore postcode 2360

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Drildool 2386 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales