Black Mountain Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Black Mountain (2365) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Northern Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 398 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Black Mountain is in the federal electorate of New England.

In the 2011 census the population of Black Mountain was 332 and is comprised of approximately 45.8% females and 54.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Black Mountain is 40 years of age.

86.7% of people living in the suburb of Black Mountain were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.9% England, 2.1% New Zealand, 1.5% Netherlands, 1.2% Ireland, 1.2% United States of America.

99.1% of people living in Black Mountain speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 0.9% Croatian.

The religious makeup of Black Mountain is 30.7% Anglican, 21.1% Catholic, 16.6% No religion, 9.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.0% Uniting Church, 5.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.4% Pentecostal, 2.1% Other religious affiliation , 1.8% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.8% Christian, nfd.

60.0% of people are married, 24.7% have never married and 8.6% are divorced and 1.2% are separated. There are 14 widowed people living in Black Mountain.

59.5% of the people living in Black Mountain over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.2% are working on a part time basis. Black Mountain has an unemployment rate of 2.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Black Mountain are 32.9% Managers, 16.8% Professionals, 13.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.2% Technicians & trades workers, 9.0% Sales workers, 6.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.4% Community & personal service workers, 5.4% Labourers.

The main industries people from Black Mountain work in are 27.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 17.5% Retail trade, 13.3% Education and training, 10.8% Health care and social assistance, 7.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.4% Construction, 5.4% Other services, 4.8% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.0% Financial and insurance services.

50.4% of homes are fully owned, and 26.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $469 per week and the median household income is $936 per week.

The median rent in Black Mountain is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1172 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Black Mountain postcode 2365

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Mitchells Island 2430 -> North Coast -> New South Wales