Aberfoyle Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Aberfoyle (2350) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Northern Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 410 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Aberfoyle is in the federal electorate of New England.

In the 2011 census the population of Aberfoyle was 233 and is comprised of approximately 44.2% females and 55.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Aberfoyle is 39 years of age.

91.8% of people living in the suburb of Aberfoyle were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.0% England, 2.6% Scotland.

98.7% of people living in Aberfoyle speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Aberfoyle is 36.5% Catholic, 34.8% Anglican, 13.3% No religion, 5.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.0% Uniting Church, 2.6% Christian, nfd, 2.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.3% Baptist, 1.3% Other Religious Groups.

66.7% of people are married, 22.8% have never married and 5.3% are divorced and 1.8% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Aberfoyle.

63.8% of the people living in Aberfoyle over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.1% are working on a part time basis. Aberfoyle has an unemployment rate of 2.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Aberfoyle are 61.7% Managers, 10.6% Professionals, 10.6% Labourers, 6.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.3% Sales workers, 4.3% Technicians & trades workers, 2.1% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Aberfoyle work in are 75.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.3% Education and training, 4.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.1% Accommodation and food services, 2.1% Financial and insurance services, 2.1% Construction, 2.1% Information media and telecommunications, 2.1% Wholesale trade.

41.2% of homes are fully owned, and 10.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 32.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $573 per week and the median household income is $937 per week.

The median rent in Aberfoyle is $50 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1525 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Aberfoyle postcode 2350

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Bellingen 2454 -> North Coast -> New South Wales