Watsons Creek Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Watsons Creek (2355) is a suburb of Regional NSW, North West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 351 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Watsons Creek is in the federal electorate of New England.

In the 2011 census the population of Watsons Creek was 288 and is comprised of approximately 46.9% females and 53.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Watsons Creek is 45 years of age.

86.6% of people living in the suburb of Watsons Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.1% England, 1.7% Spain, 1.7% Germany, 1.4% New Zealand.

95.1% of people living in Watsons Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Watsons Creek is 35.5% Anglican, 20.0% Catholic, 15.9% No religion, 9.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.2% Uniting Church, 5.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.8% Christian, nfd, 1.4% Baptist, 1.0% Buddhism.

53.3% of people are married, 26.4% have never married and 12.4% are divorced and 5.0% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Watsons Creek.

55.6% of the people living in Watsons Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.8% are working on a part time basis. Watsons Creek has an unemployment rate of 13.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Watsons Creek are 36.8% Managers, 18.8% Professionals, 12.0% Labourers, 11.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.7% Sales workers, 6.0% Community & personal service workers, 4.3% Technicians & trades workers, 3.4% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Watsons Creek work in are 37.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.6% Education and training, 12.2% Construction, 4.9% Manufacturing, 4.9% Rental, hiring and real estate services, 4.9% Mining, 3.3% Accommodation and food services, 3.3% Retail trade, 2.4% Public administration and safety.

47.8% of homes are fully owned, and 27.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 22.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $391 per week and the median household income is $664 per week.

The median rent in Watsons Creek is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $722 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Watsons Creek postcode 2355

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Dinoga 2404 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales