Gwabegar Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Gwabegar (2356) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 420 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Gwabegar is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Gwabegar was 344 and is comprised of approximately 49.1% females and 50.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gwabegar is 44 years of age.

95.9% of people living in the suburb of Gwabegar were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.5% New Zealand.

99.1% of people living in Gwabegar speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 0.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gwabegar is 45.2% Anglican, 21.9% Catholic, 17.2% No religion, 5.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.2% Christian, nfd, 2.0% Seventh-day Adventist, 0.9% Salvation Army, 0.9% Uniting Church.

39.6% of people are married, 33.8% have never married and 12.7% are divorced and 5.8% are separated. There are 21 widowed people living in Gwabegar.

55.5% of the people living in Gwabegar over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 21.0% are working on a part time basis. Gwabegar has an unemployment rate of 10.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Gwabegar are 36.8% Managers, 19.8% Labourers, 12.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.5% Community & personal service workers, 5.7% Professionals, 5.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 2.8% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Gwabegar work in are 45.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 17.0% Inadequately described/Not stated, 11.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.6% Education and training, 5.7% Administrative and support services, 5.7% Health care and social assistance, 2.8% Accommodation and food services, 2.8% Public administration and safety, 2.8% Manufacturing.

56.7% of homes are fully owned, and 16.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $297 per week and the median household income is $514 per week.

The median rent in Gwabegar is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $752 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gwabegar postcode 2356

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales