Gravesend Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Gravesend (2401) is a suburb of Regional NSW, North West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 478 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Gravesend is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Gravesend was 322 and is comprised of approximately 48.1% females and 51.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gravesend is 39 years of age.

95.0% of people living in the suburb of Gravesend were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% England.

97.5% of people living in Gravesend speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gravesend is 40.2% Anglican, 25.4% Catholic, 8.4% No religion, 8.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.9% Uniting Church, 3.1% Baptist, 0.9% Salvation Army, 0.9% Buddhism, 0.9% Other religious affiliation .

49.6% of people are married, 28.2% have never married and 11.5% are divorced and 4.4% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in Gravesend.

66.7% of the people living in Gravesend over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.9% are working on a part time basis. Gravesend has an unemployment rate of 3.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Gravesend are 43.7% Managers, 11.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.6% Professionals, 8.6% Technicians & trades workers, 6.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.0% Sales workers, 6.0% Labourers, 4.6% Community & personal service workers, 2.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Gravesend work in are 48.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.7% Retail trade, 9.3% Education and training, 6.7% Health care and social assistance, 6.0% Public administration and safety, 4.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.3% Financial and insurance services, 2.7% Other services.

50.0% of homes are fully owned, and 28.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $384 per week and the median household income is $686 per week.

The median rent in Gravesend is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1615 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gravesend postcode 2401

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales